Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 24- "You Don't Even Look Pregnant"

"You don't even look pregnant"....pretty much sums up life lately. Now, I'm not longing to be huge by any means. But since I am almost in my 3rd trimester, and since I definitely know my body doesn't normally have a bulging belly and some extra round edges all around, all I can think to "say" when I hear "You don't even look pregnant" is "...". Pretty much a blank stare. Cause I just don't get how people don't see ANY pregnancy going on. If you've said this to me, don't worry. I'm not offended! I know lots of women get really offended by what people say to pregnant women, and I'll agree, some of it is super off and sometimes I wonder if they even realize what they're saying before it comes out of their mouths. But I know nobody has bad intentions, and I'm sure I've said something awkward or just wrong to a pregnant woman before, so now it's my turn to be on the receiving end :). To be honest, it's been nice to be able to still fit in just a couple pre-pregnancy things (like the striped dress below) because buying a whole new wardrobe gets expensive! 

This week we also got to see our baby girl on ultrasound again. We had the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, but the doctor wanted to follow up on a couple things she saw in that one (don't worry everything seems to look OK now), so we got to have another one this week. I seriously love getting to do ultrasounds this far along because I really feel like we see our baby girl's personality as she moves around. She moved a ton again this ultrasound and then wouldn't move when the technician needed her to! It was cute to see her feet even better this time. I think she has Taylor's feet! She also looked like a little chubster! One shot (regular ultrasound, not 3d) showed us her face and we could see her little round chin...followed by some pretty round cheeks! It looks like she takes after me :). She had the hiccups during the appointment and it was so funny to feel her move and see it at the same time on the screen. I'm so excited to have another ultrasound in the next month or so. 

Also, as mentioned below, I got a diaper bag! Doesn't sound that cool, but we don't own hardly an baby 'essentials', so this was a fun one. I joined Petunia Picklebottom's outlet sale mailing list, and found out they had a sale going on! All the moms I've talked to have a less-expensive brand favorite, but they all agreed that Petunia Picklebottom was worth the investment and that they lasted forever. Since I got a good price and they had the print I've been eyeing forever, I was able to get a really nice bag from them! I suggest joining their mailing list (just go to petunia.com and click on "outlet") to find out about future clearance sales! 



This week Taylor's classmates planned a beach bbq, and it was so much fun! Living in a city (like, smack-dab in the middle of the city), we don't get to just enjoy the outdoors much, so it was really nice to get some sun (literally...I burned on accident.) and enjoy good company and food! Side note--Target has some pretty good maternity swim if anyone is looking. 

The optometry school pregnant wives! There are four Mormons in Taylor's class including Taylor, 3 married and 1 single (shout out to all my single lady friends--he's great!). All 3 of the married ones are expecting. Melissa, on the left, is due in just 5 weeks! Sarah (middle) is in our ward and she is due just a week ahead of me. And we are all having girls! It's so fun to have this little group going through the same things as we are! 


That night Taylor's school had a banquet! It was called "The Roaring 20 | 20s" (gotta love an optometry pun). It was really fun to get dressed up and have a night out since those days will be long gone in just a few months! I had lots of people ask where I got my dress (thanks for the love! :)) so I'll just share I got it on clearance from ASOS Maternity! They were super good with returns (I got two sizes to try) and the dress was beautiful. I definitely recommend them as well. PS this post sounds sponsored, but don't worry. I'm not that cool. I just like sharing good info :) 



  photo kelseysig_zps6ed78f68.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be honest, comments make everyone happy! So feel free to comment if you'd like! :)