Monday, May 16, 2011

Perfect.

This is part of the waiting area at a restaurant we went to. So cute!
The title of this post was inspired by this. I'm in Austin, TX right now visiting my older sister Nicole and her husband Glen. My little sister Andrea came with me to visit them too. Anyway, while I've been here I've become obsessed with the new TV show "The Voice". I LOVE it. Now that the judges have all their teams picked, they are having pairs within their teams compete against each other while singing a duet. I LOVE this version of "Perfect" by Niki Dawson and Vicci Martinez, who are on Ce Lo's team. I love this version because the two girls sing with so much conviction and feeling.


This week has been so much fun. It was perfect timing to come out here when I did. I really needed a break from life. Andrea and I flew in on Wednesday afternoon. We spent most the day lounging around while Nicole was at work and Glen was studying for his last final of the semester for law school. On Thursday Nicole was again off to work and Glen was studying again....Andrea and I woke up to a GIANT storm. I've heard of these southern storms, but never experienced one. Because of the weather we stayed inside all day and I started a project I'd bought stuff for the night before. Here's what I made:


On Friday Andrea and I laid out by the pool and got some sun. That night we went to some old antique shops and went to dinner at a delicious place called Homeslice Pizza. SO good. We spent Saturday shopping all day (loved!!!), went to a wedding reception, and then went to dinner, surrounded by live country music, cowboy boots, and beer. Haha :) It was great. I really love it here! It's been fun to see new things and be with my family. Nicole and I did NOT get along growing up...but as we've grown older we've gotten along much better and I really look up to her. She's been in my shoes before as far as where I'm at in life right now, so it's nice to have someone who can relate to me. She's also recently mastered many domestic skills, which has given us a LOT more to have in common because I've always been really girly and have always loved baking, sewing, clothes, etc. If you would like to see fun pictures of these fun adventures, go look here :).

If you haven't gone to look at that song link that I posted at the top yet, go do it :). I hope you love it as much as I do. I love the message of the song, too. There are many, many times when I feel totally inadequate, so it's nice to have a reminder that I'm not (as cheesy as it may sound that I listen to songs to feel motivated and inspired, it's sometimes true). Recent events have sometimes tempted me with thoughts of self-doubt, given me insecurities, and have sometimes made me feel like I have too many imperfections to even be on a road towards perfection. However, I know that that's not true. I, as well as all of you, are just filled with perfect potential. I know this because we are creations of our Heavenly Father, which is perfect in and of itself. So I see us all as perfect creations with the potential to become perfect human beings. This is my hopeful inspirational thought for this post. And that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be honest, comments make everyone happy! So feel free to comment if you'd like! :)