Saturday, April 5, 2014

Some Good Advice

Today is the first day of the 184th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. For those who are unfamiliar with this, you can learn more here.

Today I really, really enjoyed Elder Holland's talk where he mentioned standing up for what you believe, and doing so in a kind and respectful way. One of my 2014 goals was to not be afraid sharing my thoughts, opinions, and beliefs. I have always been kind of afraid to do so because many of my beliefs are rather conservative and not accepted by the vast majority of the people in the world we live in. Another reason that sharing and defending my beliefs has made me nervous is that many might take offense because they might not understand what I believe. However, this quote really touched me today because it reminded me that it is, indeed, OK to stand up for what I believe and defend my beliefs by doing it kindly, courteously, and compassionately. I have never had any intentions of defending my beliefs unkindly, but this was just a good reminder.


This General Conference I'm wanting to share favorite quotes from talks via social media. If you have any favorite talks that you would like to see in a design like this, comment below or message me and I'll make one! I'm hoping to share quotes like this through Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (though I have no idea what I'm doing with Twitter!) to share the gospel and uplift people regardless of their beliefs or faith.
 photo kelseysig_zps6ed78f68.jpg

3 comments:

  1. conference was really so amazing wasn't it? i love conference. especially because i get to lie in bed and go to church!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lauren! Yes, it was so wonderful! And I totally agree. I loved being able to be cozy for the weekend and be enlightened! Love your blog, by the way. I'm going to follow! :)

      Delete
  2. If you are willing to make a printable for me, I would love to capitalize on your talent. I need this in 8x10 aspect. I currently have a boring and tacky version of it framed in an 8 x 10 frame. Here's the quote, then I'll share my awesome idea of what I do with it. The quote: "Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you." I chose this verse as something I wanted my teenage kids to think of on a regular basis and one day as I saw, for the umpteenth time, a child waiting outside the bathroom door for his turn, I knew where to hang it. They stare at it while waiting for the bathroom. Also, I can see the quote when I'm sitting in bed, and a reminder for me isn't a bad idea, either. If you do this will you comment on my blog and let me know? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Let's be honest, comments make everyone happy! So feel free to comment if you'd like! :)