Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Oh, the places you'll go

Life has been a little nuts around here lately. I start work next week so I've had quite a break (which I've kind of loved) while Tay works his bum off at school, work, and now getting ready for our next adventure...optometry school! I've mentioned it in several posts, but now things are gettin' REAL up here. So far Taylor has been invited to interviews (remember how you can't get accepted without going to an interview first?) at 3 out of the 5 schools he applied to. I'm pretty dang proud of him! What that means is that he meets their academic requirements and now they just want to get to know him and see if he's a good fit for their school. Unfortunately we have to take the bill on all of his interviews, so let's just say we've been cutting down on our extracurricular activities and going out. But it will all be worth it! I'm excited but nervous to find out where we'll be moving! We've been looking up the housing that they suggest at each school and looking into the areas we might be living in. We thought we had a top choice of school but after looking into the ones he's been invited to, we just don't know! If any of you know anything about or have lived in these places, fill me in! So the only places he hasn't heard back from yet are Pacific University in Oregon and Ohio State (in Ohio :)), but I put them on the map just for fun to look at where we might go!




In other news I've just been working on my shops and sewing my little heart out! Here's some fun things I've been up to:

I made this skirt for my little sister and I kind of love it because it has a bow AND pockets. So I may or may not have made myself one....ok fine two.

I have been having so much fun designing for my INKH Designs shop. Here are some fun new things I've created that I'm planning to print for myself as well!





 photo kelseysig_zps6ed78f68.jpg

6 comments:

  1. My husband and I are moving to Houston next summer after he graduates from Law school! I've been looking at areas to live in Humble! Such an exciting time for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? That is so awesome! Did he get a job already? That would be fun if we both ended up there!! Yes it's so exciting but a little crazy with so many options!! We'll see! :)

      Delete
  2. It would be cool if you went to Pacific! Forest Grove is such an amazing place! Beautiful and the people are so kind. Also so much to do... hiking, camping, fishing, the beach is amazing... and so close! Good luck to both of you during interviews! Sending good vibes and prayers that you will feel confident about whatever you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rachel! We've heard LOTS of good things about it, so it's good to hear more good things! Thanks for the good vibes and prayers! Very appreciated :) I hope all is well for you and your family! Your little boy is adorable :)

      Delete
  3. Hey, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and welcome to following along! I definitely recommend the once-a-month fashion blogging! With skirts like the one you sewed, you'll be set! I love the bow. Happy Wednesday!

    Silver
    A Silver Snapshot
    asilversnapshot@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it exciting (and maybe a little nerve-wracking) to be waiting on where you will be moving to? We did it for med school and now we are doing it again for residency (and yes, footing the bill is painful)....we find out in March where we are going and two of our top choices are Houston and Cleveland. So maybe we will end up moving close to each other! You guys have some great places on the map. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be honest, comments make everyone happy! So feel free to comment if you'd like! :)