Monday, February 3, 2014

A Weekend in Memphis

We had a fun weekend here at the Hibbs home. Tay spent Thurs-Sat morning in Memphis, Tennessee to interview for grad school. Shout out to my old roomie (long live Chatham #26!) Lauren for hanging out with my while Tay was gone. It was fun to go to dinner and catch up!

Of course I made sure Tay documented his trip when he could so that I could get a feel for the city:






On the trolly in the city: 


Southern College of Optometry 


After I picked Tay up from the airport we got some Waffle Love. You know when you go somewhere and you just get really good service and/or your food is just perfect? Well the owner of Waffle Love was there so he was making sure all of the employees were making the waffles/putting on toppings correctly so ours were SO perfect. Yummy! Shout out to Waffle Love for winning our hearts and bellies.

I started my new job today! (so long, Netflix, sewing, and my excess free time!). I'm excited to get back in the swing of things. However, I was so nervous in my sleep (anxiety much?) about not waking up on time this morning that I woke up THREE times to ask Tay what time it was. If you know me you know that I am a DEEP sleeper. I'm starting to feel bad for people who say "I just couldn't sleep last night".  I may or may not have woken up at 10am when I was supposed to be at work at 7:30am at the MTC once. WORST DAY EVER. And that's why I have anxiety about waking up.

Today Taylor got invited to interview at Ohio State! I'm super excited for him 1. because Ohio State has one of the best optometry schools in the nation and 2. because Taylor has now been invited to interview (aka met all of the academic requirements) at of all of the schools he applied to! I'm so proud of him/relieved it's not me going to grad school because watching him prepare to graduate/go to more school stresses me out a little. It'll be an adventurous next couple of months!


Oh also, when we were driving back from the airport, part of the front of our car (I don't know the name??) just up and flew off. We're trying to avoid buying a new (or second) car for as long as possible, so this just made us laugh. We're already missing hubcaps (one on each side) so this just added to the "poor college student" look. Love it.



Well, that's all folks! I've been told I need to update my blog more so I'll get on that. Right up there with working on my {horrible} cooking skills. :)
 photo kelseysig_zps6ed78f68.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be honest, comments make everyone happy! So feel free to comment if you'd like! :)