Sunday, August 17, 2014

AMERICA.

This year we had a very fun Fourth of July! My family has some set traditions we do every year, but they're still exciting each year. I didn't have to work this year (last year I was working at the MTC and had a shift that day), but luckily it was a paid holiday day off for me! We had family in town as a part of their trek to our Camp Pendleton family reunion. My uncle Paul and his family were able to be in town which was really fun because my uncle is currently in the U.S. Army and is currently stationed in New York. He's been in the Army for quite some time now and has been deployed several times so we're not always able to see his family. They made the drive all the way from New York to come! My uncle is a helicopter pilot and flies Black Hawks. Pretty cool, huh? My grandpa and cousin also served in the Marine, and I have another uncle who just got out of the military. The 4th of July is always special to me because I have seen firsthand the service that our military members give, and I am so grateful for all of them!

We started off the 4th by running a 5k! Tay and I decided to stay by each other the whole way, which was really fun. After, we went to the annual Provo Freedom Festival parade! It's the same every year, but I always enjoy going. Later that afternoon we went to my Grandpa Nielsen's home where we had our annual 4th of July BBQ and water fight. This is my favorite tradition. My grandpa makes the BEST grilled marinaded chicken, and I love just being with our family.

Taylor was so cute and knew that I would enjoy going to the Stadium of Fire since it was our last summer in Provo. He coordinated getting tickets for all of my family in town so that we could all go and sit by each other. It was so much fun to go and see the music and firework show. It was Tay's first time which was fun as well! We had a very busy day, but we had so much fun!


















I was a wimp and decided to just chill with the babies in the pool. Kept me safe from the watertight and I got to play with the cutest kids around!

We've been taking this same picture since I can remember! 

I loved Leo's apparel for the 4th! 


Leo was in awe of the fireworks! Tay and I enjoyed our last Cougar Tail in Utah that night. 




I love this boy so much. His cute smile melts me. And when he belted out to "American Girl" (Carrie Underwood), I died. 



 photo kelseysig_zps6ed78f68.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be honest, comments make everyone happy! So feel free to comment if you'd like! :)