Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sarah's Baby Shower

I got to host my friend Sarah's bridal shower here, and it was so fun! This was probably the first event I've hosted that I wasn't super stressed about because I gave myself enough time ahead to plan, and I really did have a lot of fun trying to be creative and trying new things. I also had some help from some friends (bless their hearts, they were so helpful!) which also helped make things less stressful and more fun! 

This adorable cake was made by my friend Leslie! It was a sour cream almond cake with a strawberry filling. And it was just as delicious as it was pretty!


Sarah posing with our food table. I didn't get a good close-up, but I asked Sarah's mom to bring some childhood/baby photos of Sarah for me to display since she's having a girl! It was a fun touch to see what her little girl may look like :).

I had a lot of fun figuring out the menu since I've never done a brunch shower before. We ended up doing homemade cinnamon rolls (I used this recipe and loved it. Super simple and yummy), mini yogurt & fruit parfaits, lemon poppyseed muffins, a fruit platter (thanks Estee!), and an egg & sausage strata (recipe found here. I used green onion, white onion, and red bell pepper in place of suggested veggies).

I wanted to have some shower games, but games that most people would enjoy and that wouldn't require too much running around or anything. I just wanted a relaxed setting! For the first game I had the guests cut a piece of yarn they thought would be the size of Sarah's belly & waist around. I ended up having them hold on to the string which was easier than labeling them and putting them all together (as mentioned on the sign). I found this cute chalkboard sign from Target!











It was really fun to watch everyone compare their string to the string Sarah had that really did measure around her. People were pretty good with their guesses!





Sarah & the game winners! For the second game I created a playlist with songs that either had the word 'baby' in the title or the main chorus of the song. I played just little snipits of each song and guests would get one point for the title and one point for the artist. We had a 1st and 2nd place winner for that game. For prizes we had homemade banana bread (thanks, Mel!), doTERRA lip balm & a nail polish, and some LulaRoe Leggings.







Happy baby shower, Sarah! Can't wait to meet your little girl and have her become friends with our little girl! 
 photo kelseysig_zps6ed78f68.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be honest, comments make everyone happy! So feel free to comment if you'd like! :)