Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hibbs Go to Hawaii: Day 1

Aloha!

Ok so technically Day 1 was a Sunday, but we're going to start counting with yesterday since it was our first day out and about :).

First of all, we are SO grateful to be in Hawaii, not just because it's a beautiful place but because we almost didn't make it. We took a flight to California and planned to fly standby from LAX to Honolulu (our brother-in-law works for Hawaiian airlines so we get to fly cheap on standby...yay!). However, when we got there they said we were #20 & #21 in the standby line and there were only 20 seats open. We waited and waited and FINALLY right as they finished boarding the whole plane, they called our names! Our flight went pretty well minus the two angry people sitting behind us (I'll explain).


Our day started out by eating breakfast with Tay's dad at Koa Pancakes (I ate banana pancakes in lieu of Jack Johnson :) and it was delicious!

Taylor and I drove to Kailua beach and had an amazing day there! We took a very long walk on the beach (I guess I can now say I really do like "long walks on the beach" when I introduce myself). It was a lot longer than we both realized/planned for (we had an end point in mind but didn't realize how far it was). It was our little exercise for the morning and it was great!  We swam and dug each other (OK, Taylor just dug me) into the sand, and just chilled and relaxed. Of course we had to hit up Island Snow for some delicious shave ice! Tay's choice: All strawberry with ice cream and snow cap. My choice: Rainbow (strawberry, vanilla, banana) with ice cream and shave ice. I already feel like I need to run 10 miles for how much yummy food we ate yesterday.

We spent the rest of the day with family, which makes me so happy. I love our little nieces and nephews!

I've also spent the past two days trying to fight the urge to go to bed at 8pm and wake up at like 5 or 6am  (thank you 4 hour time change).

What are your favorite things about going on vacation? What's your favorite vay-cay location?






































Sorry for the picture overload...but if I didn't do it now I would never post it and I really struggle with procrastination! 

Hope you're all having a wonderful week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be honest, comments make everyone happy! So feel free to comment if you'd like! :)